Thursday, August 05, 2004

Enlightenment Can Wait

Lucky girl that I am, I somehow made it onto Mr. METY's email list, so I get these hella long-winded missives from him every once in a while that range from ruminations on existence to poems in honor of Buddha's birthday.

Today's email (titled "Insight into our madness") ended on this chipper note:
There is only one tragedy in this world...it is the reason that the world goes on as it does: and that tragedy is the tragedy of not reconciling what we actually are.

Mr. METY is in need of something, and I'm not sure what it is, but if this latest email is any indication (it would be wrong and unkind to paste the whole thing here, wouldn't it?), I think it's therapy. (And that, my friends, is one of the more Pot Calling the Kettle Black statements I've made in a while.)