Saturday, February 28, 2004

India on My Mind

For the past week or so, I've been jonesing for India like crazy. I think it all started when Judy and I were talking about signs and such, and I was driving behind a car that had a license plate that had the universal disabled symbol--stick figure in a wheelchair--and the rest of the plate was "2 KYM" and I was like, "Oh! It's a sign! GO TO KYM!" and then I thought, "Hm, where would this money come from?" and then I was sort of sad. Especially since there's a March course that starts in a few weeks and I'd love to be there.

Plus, I recently read Maura Moynihan's Yoga Hotel which was full of references to Fab India and Navaratri and I even thought of The Girl Who Loves Everything after reading a story called "Masterji." As if this wasn't all enough to send me into an India tailspin, I ate a cookie the other day that tasted just like one of the biscuits served at afternoon tea. Oh, India...I miss you. And daily yoga, I miss you too.