Saturday, February 28, 2004

I Know How to Read

Swears. It's just that I just read two pretty great books: The Mammoth Cheese and The Time of Our Singing (actually, this is beyond great, it's amazing), and I feel a reading hangover. Like whatever I read next won't be as good, so why bother? (Actually, back when I drank, that never kept me from drinking again, so maybe this isn't a great metaphor).

I do have the newest Optic Nerve and somehow I haven't cracked it yet. I'm saving it. For what, I don't know. I was checking out the Drawn and Quarterly site, though, searching for info about a new Debbie Dreschler, and came across some ON love from Boris and Logan both in the "News" section of the site (I'd link to it, but the site is all framey and intricate (and totally gorgeous--def check out even if you're not a comic geek like me) where was I? Oh yes, hello New York!