Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Nine to Five

So I'm gainfully employed again. And not by someone who is related to me. It's all very exciting, but that first week of work is so freaking weird. You don't have much to do, but everyone around you is very important and industrious and working on late-breaking stories, and you, well, you're trying to set up your del.icio.us page and look busy. Also, late last week I went into job fashion crisis mode, which I realized today was completely and utterly unfounded. So I'll probably end up wearing my "Who the fuck is Stephen Malkmus?" shirt tomorrow.

In dog news, Harry went to his first day of doggie daycare today. The minute he joined the group of little dogs, they started running around together and barking. It was so cute. He didn't even say goodbye to me. He was all, "I'm playing now. Go, woman. And bring me back some peanut butter." Which hurt a little bit, but I'll get over it.