Tuesday, January 11, 2005

And Also...

A little bit of information has trickled in about Chennai and the safety of the people I know there. The mandiram is okay, and I was wondering about Padmini and her family, and I was avoiding emailing her, not because I didn't want to, but because the thought of a response being anything other than "We're all okay" was terrifying. I know that sounds like a hide-under-a-rock sort of approach. I think it may be a post-9/11 coping mechanism. I know I post every once in a while about living in New York after September 11th, and the struggle to maintain some sort of normalcy. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but disasters are as good a time as any to evaluate and examine one's life. I just wish there was more I could do from here to help over there.