Sunday, November 28, 2004

La Dolce Vita

I swore off sulfates (read: detergent) in my hair products and shower gel a while ago, which wasn't all that hard, and most of the products available at Whole Foods fit the bill for a less chemical cleansing experience. (I'm especially fond of most of the Avalon stuff; surprisingly, Aveda, for all of their save-the-planet rhetoric, still jams a bunch of chemicals in their products). But here's the rub: while I love the essential oil scents, sometimes I crave something different. Something sweet. Erica and I hit Bath and Body Works while malling a few weekends ago, and we discovered their Tutti Dolce line. Oh sweet lord, this stuff smells good. I am in love with the cinnamon frosting scent (though "flavor" is probably a better word to describe it); it's one of the few food-scented body products that smells sweet and not sickly. I could eat this stuff (I think Ryan tried when he used it once in the shower). But, I feel like a traitor to the cause because of the sulfate issue.

Please, makers of health food store cosmetics: whip me up something that smells yummy. I love the lemongrass and peppermint, but I want candy too, dammit! (Or, at the very least, organic dark chocolate...work with me here.)