Sunday, November 06, 2005

One Hour, One Day, One Month

So one day I'm sweating at Wilco and now I'm freezing my ass off. I've been in Harveyville, Kansas knitting up a storm with a bunch of girls who know this one.

(Note the photo of me looking cheery here.)

My mom I went to Detroit to walk a half-marathon. Lesson learned in the cold? Next time, we run. (It was so cold!)

Ryan: Brownie of the year.

Two totally awesome concerts I've seen in the past week: Broken Social Scene on Halloween night. I usually have a thing against collectives, bands who have more than five members onstage at any time and double drum kits, but I have thrown in the towel. I give in to their charms. Live, they killed me. Seriously.

At the complete other end of the spectrum, my mom and I saw Dolly Parton a few nights ago. Omigod. She's so tiny and cute and all her instruments are covered in rhinestones. I may have to post the pictures of Boris' and my journey to Dollywood.