Thursday, June 09, 2005

This Month's Musical Meanderings

I picked up the new SM after hearing a few decent songs on Sirius' Left of Center. They were not as prog, not as not-trying-to-be-Pavement as the first two solo efforts. And it's pretty good.

I've been hearing a lot of Mike Doughty's new album on Left of Center, too, and I'm really starting to love him. I always liked Soul Coughing (and they were one of the few non-indie-sounding bands that all my indie friends liked); now I remember why.

Also, what's this about a new Tullycraft album? I'm going out on a limb and presuming I'm one of the 32 people in the world who cares about this, but Erica and I were just singing "Pop Songs Your New Boyfriend's Too Stupid to Know About" the other day. Word!

Go ahead, sing along!
Here's a way to spend our day with Lois and the Crabs,
we'll have some fun and visit Cub and maybe we'll hold hands.
We can keep the Lemonheads and Weezer he gave you,
'cause you and me got Heavenly and Nothing Painted Blue, hey-hey!


That, my friends, is genius. Though now that my playlists are a little more freeform and hard to map, I'm not sure how catchy a new version of that song would be. Oh yeah, and why do I have the complete Smiths collections, yet no Morrissey? First Wave has played "Suedehead" at least twice in the past few weeks and I can't get enough of it.